Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Belated Halloween ;-)

Usually October is all about Halloween, costumes, and candy....but sad to say I didn't partake in any of those activities. I just found myself hanging out in San Diego, getting lost in Jersey, and enjoying more of New York's dining finest.

So work brought me out to San Diego on a really last minute trip to help out at one of our usual trade shows. Despite being a demo monkey for 3 days and partaking in mediocre food for those same 3 days, I did get a chance to hang out with my friend Camille. It's been a while, and again, though the food was kind of blah, we did have fun ourselves. Her little boy is such the talker, but really fun to be around.

One of the very few places I did enjoy while in San Diego (actually it was the only place) was Confidential.

10082009019 - Share on Ovi

And yes, that is the name of the place....because I original thought the name was a secret so people were just saying it's confidential. Yeah, a blonde moment for me on that one.

Back in New York, my mom had a brief overnight layover from her trip from Rome. So I decided to take her to see little Baby Lucas and the Tingler clan...as well as to treat her to some rice and filipino food. Since they don't serve rice in Rome, and after 3 weeks, her entire travel group had built a craving. And despite getting lost getting to her hotel by Newark airport, we made it to the Tinglers ready to say hi to Baby Lucase. Just not sure he was ready for my mom.


And to end the month, I did have a memorable dinner at Sfoglia....part of the memories is that I had to make this reservation like 6 weeks in advance, so of course the thought is that it better be that good. And it was. Phew. We did discover a good white organic wine, that I now need to hunt down in Whole Foods or something.

Sfoglia - Share on Ovi

Oh yeah, and I got a chance to see Jersey Boys at the Wilson Theatre. Fantastic Show! Despite feeling like the youngest ones there (we caught a Thursday show and it felt like night of the old people) AND sitting next to a woman who really needed 2 seats for herself not one (i'm talking body spillage onto me and my personal space), the show was entertaining enough to tune her out.

But really, not being mean or anything....if you know you can't comfortably sit in a center row seat, please know the person next to you won't be comfortable either, so just do yourself and everyone else a favor and sit by the aisle. Those are my words of wisdom for October.

until the next time......
[iz8p on blogger]


For more on other spots I visited while in San Diego, check out my San Diego Yelp list here.
Or to just read more on the places I've reviewed, check me out on Yelp.
For more pics, check out my photo site, www.meakika.com

No comments:

Post a Comment