The month of May was an unscheduled trip after another...to places I would have never thought I'd actually end up going. Some good....and some, not so great, but all in all...I got to experience a few new things and added a good number of frequent flier miles. So I can't hardly complain.
Early May brought me back out West, and actually closer to the cousin as I found myself in the lovely area of Santa Clarita, California...home of....Magic Mountain. And pretty much nothing else. Aside from a lovely time with the fam (and we keep forgetting to take pictures), I did enjoy a good greasy burger (okay 2) from Jack in the Box and In-N-Out. But really folks...it still is all about Jack.
Later May I found myself back on the east coast...but more inland than coast as we drove out to Gettysburg PA. Yes, Gettysburg, as in Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg address. Can't necessarily say that I was extremely looking forward to the excursion...but at the end of the trip, I was happy to have gone. The entire battlefield can engulf the island of Guam many times over, and it was actually pretty interesting to learn more about American History.
One our way back...we even got a chance to stop by Hershey Park. Yes, Hershey...the chocolate.
more to come in the next post. this one is getting rather long.
for more pics on Gettysburg: http://iz8p.shutterfly.com/travels
[iza on blogspot]
No comments:
Post a Comment