So what happens when you lose your phone....a Blackberry at that?
Most of my friends know that during the hours of 9-5, it's probably best to call my work cell...cause I'll definitely pick up if I am not on a call or in a meeting. After 5pm, it's all about the personal line, as I will either not answer the work phone or I'll get a bit...out of sorts ;-)
(And yes, I do like to have 2 mobile numbers - 1 for work and 1 that's mine - so I can keep them separate.)
One evening...about 630pm give or take...but clearly after work hours. I get a call from K...on the work cell. Playing around, I pick up and say clearly....
"You know it's after work hours right?"
The response I get, not from K's voice....female, kind of always inquisitive, always calling to ask me a question ;-). I hear a deep, strong, male voice. "Is this Iz8?"
"Ummmm....," not knowing how to respond cause this is clearly K's cell and I don't talk or take nicely to strangers.
He continues, "Yeah, umm....I have your best friend's Blackberry. I think she lost it."
Phew....it wasn't some would be kidnapper or what not. And as I continued to get his information and formulate my "Track K Down" plan, all the while I thought...what a nice guy.
Ultimately, K lost her phone somewhere in Queens, and this nice young man found it in Queens. He seemed to have called a few numbers off of K's phone to have one of her friends contact her. And since K and I were exchanging several emails and text messages, his natural assumption was that I would be able to find her.
Funny enough, the only numbers I had for K were her cell and work. And we did establish this was already past work hours. I eventually got through to her via Facebook.
So thank you Nathias of Jamaica Queens. Thanks for being honest. And thanks to your adult figures who taught you how to do the right thing. Lord only knows that with a Blackberry Curve...it could have been as good as gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment