Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mom in the City - Day 2

A bit backlogged, but I was able to convince my mom to do what I deem the 5th Avenue stroll while I got in some work in the morning.  I always find a stroll along 5th Avenue a good tourist attraction/distraction as you hit a lot of major sites like St. Patrick's church, Rockefeller Center, and all those stores.
When their walk was done, I met my mom and her peeps at The Plaza hotel for some high afternoon tea.  It was quite the experience,  (I'll Yelp about it soon.) and my mom enjoyed it so much, that she went on to have 2 teapots of The Plaza black tea.

Mom in the city - Day 2

Afterwards it was on to the West Village for some Italian food at Morandi.

Mom in the city - Day 2Mom in the city - Day 2



It was quite a dining experience as I personally didn't like where we were seated (will have to update my last Yelp review), but being seated so close to the bread cutting station served as a source of entertainment for the diners.  I mean, there was quite a lot of bread and the restaurant was so busy (even for a Wednesday evening) that there was non-stopping bread cutting going on.

Mom in the city - Day 2

My mom and her friends were getting a bit tired after such a long long day of walking, so they turned it in right after dinner, with no dessert from Cones for them.  Too bad, I thought they would have really enjoyed it.

[iza on blogger]

No comments:

Post a Comment