From there we took the bus tour towards Westminster Abbey (we had to transfer to another bus), rushing to ensure we get there in time, Westminster Abbey closes at 130pm on Saturdays.
We just got there in time to enter and was it worth the morning rush. The church is not only huge, but there is a lot to see and hear - audio guides are free. I didn't get a chance to go through the Cloisters, but I can only imagine seeing Julie Andrews' as "Maria" and the nuns doing their "How d you solve a problem like Maria" number.
Afterwards, we headed back to the hotel to take a final look at the surroundings and to say farewell to Regent Street. I got a chance to finally go into a Boots store (think Duane Reade/Long Drugs of the UK). But I really do heart their stuff. The only place you can get Boots skincare is at Target, and they don't carry half the things I saw when I was in London.
[iz8p.blogspot.com]
No comments:
Post a Comment