Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Start of Summer?

Today the temperature hit above the 70s and at certain moments, it felt summer-like. But I think mother nature was just teasing us because the weather for the upcoming week doesn't even seem like Spring weather either.

But either way, due to the lovely weather, I decided to take my chance at familiarizing myself with the Reservoir path in Central Park. I've read that it's an easy 1.5 mile run and that the surrounding view is somewhat a bit of amazing.

I started off on the East side of the Park, as that is where I reside, and I looked straight across the reservoir to see where I would end up, halfway through my trek.

Central Park Reservoir - Share on Ovi

I always forget what those 2 towers are, but I did come up closer to them as I passed the 1/4 mile spot for the trek.

Central Park Reservoir - Share on Ovi

When I reached the halfway point...the complete opposite side of the reservoir, the sun was still shining, and I was actually getting hot.

Central Park Reservoir - Share on Ovi

There was definitely a lot of runners and walkers in the area and I can only imagine how busy this track can get. Sports Tracker marked my route as being about 2 miles, so we'll see how long it will take me to run the path without stopping.

Follow my route.

until the next time....

iza

[iza on blogspot]

No comments:

Post a Comment